Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A Disclaimer

Here is the disclaimer:  I have a brain injury.  Do not hold me accountable for anything you tell me for the next several weeks, expect me to ask you the same question 100 times, and expect my typical ditzy-ness to amplified 10 times.

I want to blog.  I want to write about all the incredible stuff we've done over the past 6 weeks, but for now I've got to keep it short and sweet.

May was a wonderful month!  We participated in the Walk Now for Autism Speaks walk in Cincinnati.  It was great!  I had no idea what to expect and at the moment I can't remember all the details, but I remember the overwhelming sense of love.  People I lost touch with years ago purchased Team Lennon tee shirts in support of my boy, we had a larger crowd show up to the walk on our team than I ever imagined would be there, and we tripled my fundraising goal.  I call it a success!

The day after the walk was LJB's 3rd birthday party.  We had a blast.  It was our most successful birthday party to date.  I believe it was successful for 2 reasons, I didn't place any demands on the little dude and let him experience the party as he wanted to.  There was no forced interaction, no required present opening event, etc.  Secondly, we have made so much progress that he is day to day a different child that he was a year ago.  This is one hard working little dude!

Then came June.  All I can say is I am glad this month is almost over!  We had LJB's 3 year check up the first week of June.  The check up resulted in a referral for an EEG and a neurologist.  We see the neurologist tomorrow and I'm nervous to say the least. 

I started the second week of June by totaling my car.  My tire blew and I hydroplaned across the highway during morning rush hour on my way to work.  I crossed 4 lanes of traffic twice.  Thankfully, I didn't hit any other vehicles, but after making contact with the retaining wall on both sides of the road, my car was toast.  RIP my Prius!

A broken ankle and a concussion later, I am on the mend.  Remember my disclaimer, yeah, post concussion syndrome.  Google it. 

The good news:  My boy is 3 and is completely (day) potty trained.  The car accident was far less tragic than it could have been -- I am still here.  My work is not done.  Cars can be replaced.  I'm already getting better -- last week I couldn't have even written 3 sentences.


There will be longer posts and pictures of these events to follow.  Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. very written for a brain-injured mom!! We Love you, Leanna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for a speedy recovery, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete